Christmas Ginger Biscuits
- Cooking time10 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings40 portions
- 1 orange
- 100g Stork Tub
- 250g brown sugar
- 250 ml golden syrup
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons mixed spice
- 1 level tablespoon ground ginger
- 600g plain flour + extra for dusting
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Writing pens with edible icing in various colours
- sweets to decorate
- Baking tin and extra cookware: 2 baking sheets lined with baking paper, cling film, rolling pin, fairly large (approx. 10 cm), Christmas tree-shaped and Santa-shaped cookie cutters
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C,160°C fan oven, Gas mark 4.
- Finely grate the orange over a saucepan.
- Add the Stork, brown sugar and syrup to the orange zest and cook, stirring over medium heat until the sugar has melted. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Lightly beat the eggs and stir into the Stork mixture.
- Sieve the mixed spices, ginger, the flours and baking powder over the egg-Stork mix and stir everything together until it forms a soft dough.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes by hand until it firms up and is less sticky. Shape the dough into a compact ball, flatten it a little and wrap in cling film. Leave the dough to rest for at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Dust the work surface with flour and roll the dough with a rolling pin until it is about ½ cm thick.
- Cut out Christmas tree, stars, hearts and Santa Claus shapes from the dough and place on the baking sheets lined with baking paper. Fold the dough scraps together, roll them out again, and cut out more shapes. (If they don’t all fit on the sheets, bake the rest once first biscuits are ready.) Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Leave the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then place them on a wire rack.
- Decorate the biscuits using the icing pens and sweets and let them dry.