- Cooking time10 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings20 portions
- ¾ tablespoon black treacle
- 1 ½ tablespoons golden syrup
- 55g dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 70g Stork packet
- ½ level teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 165g plain flour
- Half packet (454g) fondant icing (white or mix of green and red)
- Half packet (500g) royal icing, made up according to pack directions
- Christmas sprinkles, silver balls etc
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Take off the heat and add the Stork. Stir until melted.
- Sieve the flour with the bicarb and add to the pan. Mix to a smooth dough. Place dough in a mixing bowl lined with cling film. Chill for 30-40 mins until cold.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to a thickness of roughly 4mm. Use a sharp knife to cut out the houses at differing heights and widths e.g. heights of 7.5-10cm (3-4 in) and widths of 3.75-7.5cm (1½ -3 in).Have fun with different types of houses e.g. chalet, townhouses etc. Cut the windows out completely for 5 houses if using to sit on the top of the cake
- Cover baking sheets with baking parchment and arrange houses with a small 1cm gap so they donât run into each other.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven 190°C, 170°C fan, Gas mark 5 for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits start to turn brown
- Whilst still warm, use a sharp knife to trim the edges so that the vertical lines are straight and the biscuits line up beautifully. Cool.
- To decorate, roll out the sugar paste to a thickness of 1-2 mm. Cut out doors and windows and use the royal icing to attach to the biscuits. Then use royal icing to pipe in all the details: railings, icicles, snowflakes, let your imagination run wild!
- Use sugar pearls and sprinkles to add texture but sprinkle them whilst the icing is still wet.