Dairy Free Strawberry Shortcake
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings8 portions
- 175g (6 oz) Stork packet
- 250g (9 oz) plain flour, sieved with
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 85g (3 oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 350g (12 oz) hulled strawberries
- 300ml (½ pint) dairy free cream
- Caster sugar, optional
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Cream Stork and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the beaten egg.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder, knead lightly. Divide into 3 pieces.
- Roll out each piece to a round to fit 3 x 20cm (8 inch) flan rings.
- Place rounds in flan rings and smooth tops. Flute edges and prick all over with a fork.
- Mark 1 round into eight portions.
- Bake in preheated oven 180 ° C, 160 °C fan, Gas mark 4 for 15-20 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
- For the filling - slice strawberries thickly.
- Whisk dairy free cream, sweeten with caster sugar if liked.
- Spread ¾ of the dairy free cream over 2 circles and sandwich together.
- Divide remaining circle into 8 portions and use to decorate top with sliced strawberries and dairy free cream.