Summer Punch Cake
Discover The Pink Whisk's fabulously fruity and delicious Summer Punch Cake recipe, the perfect bake for a Summer garden party.
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 375g Stork with butter
- 375g caster sugar
- 6 eggs, large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 375g self-raising flour
- 165g Stork with butter
- 400g icing sugar
- 40ml Summer Punch (contains alcohol)
- 275g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ½ large orange
- ¼ cucumber
- Handful of mint leaves
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 180C oven, 160C fan, Gas 4. Grease and line the bases of 3 x 8” sandwich tins.
- In a large bowl beat together all the cake ingredients with an electric hand mixer until well combined and the mixture is even.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 3 tins and roughly level. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Make the frosting. Beat together the Stork with Butter, icing sugar and Summer Punch until light and fluffy.
- Cut the centres out of two of the cakes using a round pastry cutter.
- Set one cake ring onto a serving plate and top with a layer of frosting. Add the second ring cake.
- Prepare the fruits – hull and quarter the strawberries, remove the seeds from the cucumber and slice and cut the orange into small segments. Toss them together in a bowl with the mint leaves.
- Fill the centre of the cake with the fruits, reserving a small amount to decorate the top of the cake with.
- Add another layer of frosting and top with the whole cake.
- Place the remaining frosting in a piping bag and pipe rosettes around the top of the cake. Decorate with the fruit reserved earlier, dust with icing sugar and serve.