Marbled Chocolate Cake
- Cooking time45 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings16 portions
- 200g Stork Tub
- 200g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium eggs
- 200g self-raising flour, sieved
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 50g plain chocolate, melted
- Baking tin: 23 cm cake tin or 900g loaf tin (greased and base lined with baking paper)
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan oven, Gas mark 4.
- Place all ingredients except for chocolate in a mixing bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Spoon half of the batter into a separate bowl.
- Mix the chocolate into the batter in one of the two bowls.
- Place alternate spoonfuls of each colour batter into the cake tin.
- Briefly swirl the two colours of batter together so the two colours are still distinctly visible.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until cooked and golden brown. Leave the cake in the tin for 2 minutes before tipping it out on a wire rack. Cut the cake into slices.