Discover our Numbers Cake recipe, a light and fluffy sponge cake which is ideal to celebrate a landmark birthday.
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Servings12 portions
- 375g Stork with butter
- 375g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, large
- 375g self-raising flour
- 175g Stork with Butter
- 350g icing sugar, sifted
- 1-2 tbsps milk
- Food colourings (green, grey)
- Disposable piping bags
- Toy cars for decoration
- A large cake board or serving plate.
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 9 x 13” deep tin. (A straight edged roasting tin is ideal). Preheat the oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and fold in until the mixture is blended.
- Fill the prepared tin with the mixture and roughly level with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50minutes until golden and springy or when a skewer is inserted in the middle it comes away clean. Cool in the tin for 30 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- From the chart select the number cake you will be making. Make up the cakes as directed, print and cut out the correct template]. Using a sharp serrated knife cut out the cake following the templates and place on a large cake board.
- Beat together the Stork and icing sugar adding a little milk to create a smooth spreadable consistency.
- Colour some of the icing green and use to coat the sides of the cake.
- Using a grey coloured Icing coat the top of the cake to create the road.
- Add more colouring to the remaining grey to darken it a couple of shades. Place in disposable piping bag and use to pipe the central and outside edge lines of the road.
- Add the toy cars to the track and serve.