- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Servings10 portions
- 165g Stork with butter
- 220 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 330gf caster sugar
- 260g plain flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate (or soda)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 70 g cocoa powder
- 200g Stork with butter
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- Food colourings
- Non-stick baking paper
- Disposable piping bags
- A large cake board or serving plate.
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Mix the milk and lemon juice in a jug. Put aside.
- Place Stork and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream together until light and fluffy. (approx 1 ½ min with electric hand mixer).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour with the bicarbonate and cocoa powder and fold in until well blended.
- Add the milk to the mix and stir until smooth.
- Place the mix in a 20cm (8 inch) greased and lined round cake tin. Bake on middle shelf of oven 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas 4 for about 70 minutes.
- Make the icing beating together the Stork and icing sugar until soft and spreadable.
- Trim the domed top from the cake and coat the top and sides with the plain icing. Set to one side.
- Colour portions of the cake Icing in peachy pink, pink ,red, black and leave a little uncoloured. Place each colour in a disposable piping bag.
- Tape the template provided to a flat baking tray and tape a piece of baking paper over the top.
- Using the template below for a guideline pipe on the details of the pirates face to the baking paper. Start with the spots in his bandana, the nose and the knot and tie in the bandana. Add the eye patch, the eye and the mouth.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up before continuing. Once set add the moustache and freeze again for a further 10 minutes. Finally fill in the remaining details with the coloured icing – the moustache, the red of the bandana and the pinky peach of the pirates face.
- Place into the freezer once more and leave for 1 hour. Once the whole design is frozen untape the baking paper from the baking sheet. Turn the sheet over and gently position it onto the top of the cake. Carefully peel away the paper from the back to reveal the design positioned on top of the cake.
- Any little gaps can be filled in with the remaining coloured icing and a little extra uncoloured icing can be added around the design to blend it to the cake. Serve.