Polish Apple Crumble
- Cooking time45 minutes
- Prep time30 minutes
- Servings8 portions
- 150g Stork Packet, straight from the fridge
- 300g plain flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 eating apples (about 750g)
- 75g caster sugar
- 25g dried apricots, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 scoops of chocolate or vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
- 20x20 square baking tin or 24cm springform tin (greased and base lined with baking paper).
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 180°C fan oven, Gas mark 5.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder in to a large bowl then add the sugar, egg yolks and Stork.
- Mix with a fork or wooden spoon to form a crumble. Spoon half of the crumble into a bowl and cover with foil. Knead the remainder into a compact ball. Wrap the dough in foil and leave the two mixes to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Peel the apples, remove the cores and cut the apples into small pieces.
- Mix them in a pan with the sugar and apricots.
- Cook the apples for 1 minute over a high heat, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the cinnamon. Take the apple mixture off the heat and leave to cool. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Line the prepared baking tin evenly with the compact dough, using your fingers to press it down. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.Spoon the apple mixture onto the baked base. Divide the crumble dough evenly over the apple mixture. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Divide the crumble (hot or cold) into 6 slices , serve on plates and top with a scoop of ice cream.