Red Velvet Cupcakes
Why not try baking our Stork Red Velvet Cupcakes for Red Nose Day and help raise money for Comic Relief by having a bake sale.
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 90g Stork tub
- 165g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 120ml milk (semi skimmed)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- a little gel paste colouring
- 50g Stork tub
- 150g icing sugar
- 50g cream cheese
- 12 glace cherries
- 12 mini marshmallows and 24 small chocolate balls or chip
- Strawberry laces
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Line a cupcake tin with 12 cupcake liners.
- Combine the milk and lemon juice in a bowl and set to one side.
- In a large bowl beat together the Stork and caster sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs, flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder and beat well.
- Add the milk/lemon juice mixture and stir until the consistency is even.
- Using red food colour paste colour the cake batter red.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake case and bake in the oven (180c/160c (fan)/Gas Mark 4) at 4 for 20-25 minutes until well risen and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting beat together the Stork and icing sugar. Once well combined add the cream cheese and beat again until just combined.
- Spread the frosting onto the tops of the cooled cakes to cover.
- Cut each of the mini marshmallows in half to create the eyes, press a small chocolate ball or chocolate chip to the cut edge of the marshmallow – it’s sticky and will hold it in place.
- Add a glace cherry nose to the centre of each cake, a short length of strawberry laces for the mouth and two marshmallow eyes.
- Recipe serves 12