Sticky Toffee Pudding
For a delicious alternative to Christmas pudding try our scrumptious sticky toffee delight! A real crowd pleaser.
- Cooking time1 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings8 portions
- 130g (4 ½ oz) dates, chopped
- 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 65g (2 ½ oz) Stork tub
- 130g (4 ½ oz) light muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs, small, beaten
- 200g (7 oz) self raising flour
- 1 level teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 dessertspoon black treacle, optional
- 200g (7oz) light muscovado sugar
- 120ml (4 fl oz) Elmlea Whipping,
- 125g (4 ½ oz) Stork packet
- 1 tablespoon brandy, optional
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C, 160° C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Place dates in a mixing bowl, add 225ml (8 fl oz) boiling water. Add the bicarbonate of soda and leave for 10 minutes.
- While you are waiting, grease a 2 pint pudding basin.
- Place the Stork, sugar, eggs, flour and spice in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Stir in the dates together with the soaking liquid.
- Pour mixture into the basin and bake for 1 hour.
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients in a heavy based pan and heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the sauce over the pudding. Serve with a large spoonful of Elmlea Whipping if liked.