Vegan chocolate cake
Bake someone a slice of dairy free heaven. This chocolate cake is set to wow your vegan friends and family. Treat them to slice of something special.
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- Servings12 portions
- 150g Stork Original bloc
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 300ml soya milk, unsweetened
- 275g gluten free self raising flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g soya cream
- 150g dark chocolate, lightly chopped, plus a little extra for decoration
- 4 tbsp apricot jam
- Icing sugar, for decoration
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4. Grease and bottom line 2 x 20cm round cake tins with baking paper.
- Add lemon juice to the milk and set aside.
- Sieve together the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl together with caster sugar.
- Pour the milk, melted Stork and syrup over the flour mixture and mix until well blended to form a smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cake tins and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tins for 5 minutes then turn out to cool on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile to make the icing, put the soya cream in a saucepan and gently heat, add the chocolate and stir until melted. Leave to cool until spreadable.
- Sandwich the two sponges together with the apricot jam. Spread the chocolate cream over the top of the cake and decorate with grated chocolate and icing sugar as desired.