- Preheat oven to 180 °C 160 °C fan oven, Gas mark 4. Grease a 23cm springform tin and line with baking paper. Melt chocolate in microwave on low power or over a water bath.
- Beat the Stork and sugar until light and creamy with an electric hand mixer. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Mix flour and cocoa powder and stir into the mix, alternating with the milk.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Place cherries over the top and press them in slightly. Bake the chocolate cherry cake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. Test with a skewer, if no uncooked mix is sticking to the skewer, it is ready. Cool on wire rack.
If you like, you can give the chocolate cherry cake a topping of white chocolate. Melt chocolate according to package directions and spread over the chocolate and cherry cake.
- Temperature: 180C oven, 160C fan, Gas 4 oC
- Baking time:
- Serves: 16