For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C / 340 °F / Gas Mark 4. Grease and line two round 20cm / 8 inch cake tins.
- Place all the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed (2-3 minutes).
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Turn out and cool on a wire tray.
For the icing:
- Place all icing ingredients together in a bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Sandwich cakes together with some of the icing and spread remaining icing over the cake.
Tip: You can brighten up the cake with coloured sprinkles and decorations
- Temperature: 190 °C / 375 °F / Gas Mark 5 oC
- Baking time:
- Serves: 12