Forest Fruit Cake
A wonderfully fluffy sponge cake filled with creamy icing and topped with delicious fruit, our Forest Fruits Cake recipe is an instant classic, a delectable bake with a true taste of Summer, try it today!
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings10 portions
- 250g Stork with butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, large
- 250g self raising flour
- 80g frozen forest fruits (blackberries, raspberries, black cherries, …)
- 100g Stork with butter
- 100g mascarpone
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 350g fresh forest fruits
- Icing sugar to dust.
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Grease and line the bases of 2 x 8” cake tins. Preheat the oven to 160c(fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour and fold in until evenly blended.
- Fold through the forest fruits and divide the cake mixture between the tins.
- Bake in the oven for 30minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the filling. Take 150g of the forest fruits and puree, sieve to remove the seeds. Set to one side. Beat together the Stork and mascarpone.
- Once combined, add the icing sugar and beat again.
- Set one of the cakes onto a serving plate. Add a layer of mascarpone icing and forest fruits.
- Top with the second cake again coating in a layer of mascarpone icing.
- Drizzle the reserved forest fruits puree around the top of the cake and decorate with the remaining fruits. Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve.