Easter Chick Cupcakes
If you’re looking for a fluffy break from chocolate, these buttery cupcakes will add some zest to your Easter.
- Cooking time20 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 150g Stork with butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 150g self-raising flour (or 150g flour and 1 tsp baking powder)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 125g Stork with butter
- 350g icing sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- A little yellow food colouring
- Orange ready to roll icing
- Small choc chip sprinkles
- 12 yellow cupcake liners
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Line a cupcake pan with yellow paper liners and preheat the oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the Stork with butter and sugar until light and fluffy and then beat in the lemon zest.
- Add the eggs one at time beating the mixture well after each.
- Fold through the flour and lemon juice until smooth and well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and allow to cool fully.
- Beat together the Stork with Butter, icing sugar and lemon juice to make the frosting. Add a little yellow food colouring to colour the frosting a golden yellow.
- Cover the tops of the cupcakes with frosting, spreading with a palette knife.
- Roll out some of the orange sugarpaste on your work surface lightly dusted with icing sugar to prevent it from sticking. For each chick cut 2 triangular feet with a sharp knife. Cut out 2 triangular wings and mark on lines for the feathers using the knife. For the beak cut a square and make an indent diagonally. Gently fold the indented square to make the beak.
- Add 2 small choc chip sprinkles to the top of the cupcake to form the eyes and add the beak, feet and wings.