Easter White Chocolate Shard Cake
A stunning Easter White Chocolate Shard Cake, sure to wow all your friends and family.
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings1 portions
- 300 grams Stork
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, large
- 300g self-raising flour
- For the frosting 275 grams Stork
- 600g icing sugar
- To decorate 100g white chocolate
- 3 tsp freeze dried raspberries
- 2 drops pink food colouring
- Multi coloured fondant eggs
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- Prepare the chocolate shards for decoration. Gently melt the white chocolate and spread evenly over a sheet of non-stick baking paper set on a baking tray.
- Drip a couple of drops of pink food colouring over chocolate and spread for ombre effect. Scatter the sprinkles and a 2 tsp of the freeze dried raspberries over the top of the chocolate and allow to sit at room temperature.
- To make the cake, cream together the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract followed by the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour until evenly combined.
- Split the mixture between 3 x 7" greased and base lined sandwich tins.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until springy to the touch and a skewer when inserted in the centre comes away clean. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat together the Stork and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Trim the cooled cakes level with a leveller and sandwich them together with a layer of frosting. Cover the whole cake with a crumb coat of frosting. Freeze for 10 mins.
- Spread over the remaining frosting. To decorate, take the chocolate from the fridge and split into shards, set these into the top of the cake. Decorate with fondant eggs nestled between the shards like a nest.