Christmas is simply not complete without crumbly mince pies, and when they’re homemade they’re even more scrumptious. Let’s get baking!
- Cooking time20 minutes
- Prep time45 minutes
- Servings12 portions
- 80g Stork block, diced
- 180g plain flour
- 20g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, large
- 2 tbsps cold water
- 300g mincemeat
- 25g Stork block, diced
- 35g plain flour
- 20g Demerara sugar
- 2 tbsps chopped mixed nuts
- 2 tbsps cold water
- A little icing sugar to dust
|Energy (kcal)||0 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||0 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.0 g|
|Fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||0 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||0 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||0 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.00 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||0 mg|
- To make the pastry place the plain flour in a large bowl, add the diced Stork block and rub into the flour using your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir through the caster sugar and make a well in the centre.
- In a small bowl mix the egg yolk with 2 tbsps of cold water. Pour into the well in the flour and mix together using a table knife until the dough comes together. Add a little extra cold water if the pastry is dry.
- Knead lightly in the bowl until smooth.
- Wrap in clingfilm and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the crumble. Place the plain flour in a bowl and rub in the diced Stork block until the mixture is similar to rough breadcrumbs. Stir through the Demerara sugar and chopped mixed nuts. Set to one side.
- Once the pastry has chilled, roll it out on the worksurface lightly dusted with flour to prevent it from sticking.
- Grease the recesses of a 12 hole mince pie tin.
- Using a circle cutter (8cm) cut out pastry rounds and use to line the recesses of the tin.
- Fill each with a spoonful of mincemeat and top with the prepared crumble. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Serve with a light dusting of icing sugar.