- Rub Stork into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in sugar. Add egg yolk and water and mix to a firm dough.
- Knead lightly and roll out to line a 22cm (9 inch) flan case. Bake "blind" in preheated oven 200° C, 180° C fan, Gas mark 6 for 10 minutes.
- Spread the jam over the base of the pastry.
- Cream the Stork and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and almond essence and fold in the ground almonds and flour.
- Spread the mixture over the jam and sprinkle the flaked almonds on top. Return to the oven at 180° C, 160° C fan, Gas mark 4 for 40-50 minutes until golden
Cherry and Almond Tart
Let’s get baking for charity this Red Nose Day! Try our delicious Cherry and Almond Tart guaranteed to be the cherry on top of all your bake sales.
- 4 years ago
- 30 - 45 min.