1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, 160 degrees fan or gas mark 4
2. Add the lemon juice to soya milk and set aside
3. Cream together Stork coconut oil and sugar for 2-3 minutes
4. Add the sieved flour mixture alternately with the soya milk and mix well
5. Stir in the grated carrots and walnuts and blend well
6. Pour into a greased and lined 900g (2lb) loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven for 1-11/4 hours until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean
7. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out and cooling on a wire tray.
8. For the icing, beat together the coconut block and vegan cheese. Gradually beat in the icing sugar until light and smooth. Beat in the vanilla and zest if using and spread over the cake
9. Decorate with walnut halves or chopped if you prefer.
- Temperature: 180 degrees oC
- Baking time:
- Serves: 12