Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
List of ingredients
- 125g Stork tub
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g self-raising flour, sieved
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 x 428g can pineapple rings, drained
- 6 glacé cherries, halved
- 250ml Elmlea double
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam
How to prepare
- Place all sponge ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Grease and flour 12 steel rings. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the rings on top. Pour ½ teaspoon of golden syrup in 6 ring moulds. Then place one pineapple ring on top of the golden syrup. Place one cherries in the middle of the rings.
- Divide evenly the sponge between the 12 ring moulds. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C, 160° C fan oven, Gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely then unmould and place on a wire rack.
- Whip the cream until stiff, then place into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe the cream onto 6 of the plain sponges. Then sandwich the remaining pineapple sponges on top.
- Warm and sieve the apricot jam and glaze the pineapples with it.